Traditional use of a single assessment only provide a uni-dimensional view of a person’s qualifications. Using a variety of tools to measure skills, abilities, and other job-relevant characteristics provides a solid & multi-dimensional basis upon which to make important career and employment-related decisions while minimizing adverse impact.
In December 2009, NCSBN Board of Directors determined that safe and effective entry-level RN practice requires a greater level of knowledge, skills, and abilities than was required in 2007. Given the current nursing shortage, hospitals are cross-training staff to help fill voids in units with high turnover rates. Health care reform continues to further mandate transparency of and reimbursement based on quality of care and patient satisfaction data. Therefore finding the right nurse is now more important than ever. And, with the patient acuity level increasing causing nurses to become multi-functional, now is the opportunity to be more selective.
By implementing Prophecy’s holistic approach you:
- Optimize your RN workforce to find the “best fit”
- Ensure Federal Compliance through the use of valid and reliable tools
- Streamline selection process for all applicants
- Increase utilization and productivity
- Produce a more qualified, balanced nursing workforce
- Improve patient satisfaction and patient outcomes
- Reduce overall costs to the facility